My first blog post!

 Hi everybody! My name is Charlee Horton, I'm 20 years old and this is my second year here at LB. My major is sociology, I had a really difficult time figuring out what my goals were and what I wanted to focus on while going to school. Though I still don't know what I want to do, I have something to focus on. I am from Tillamook, some of you may know that name because you've seen it on cheese or ice cream. I love where I am from, I grew up hiking and going to the beach, its hard not to love such a beautiful place. 

Another great thing about Tillamook is that its where all my family is. I'm very family oriented, I have been very fortunate to be able to live ten minutes away from all of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. In my free time I like to read, hike, and listen to music. I love coffee as well, I have worked as a barista for the past three years and have enjoyed every second of it. Photography has always interested me,  when I was a freshmen in high school, I had an instagram account that I shared with my three friends who were also interested in photography, we would take turns posting photos that we had taken from the week. I haven't had any other experience with photography sadly. 

I am really excited I am able to take this course, though I haven't had much experience with photography. I have always been passionate about how photos can tell a story and make you feel emotions. One of my dreams is to be able to write for a magazine, blog, or newspaper so this class seemed like it would be perfect for me. One of my goals for this class is to learn how to tell stories with my pictures. Another goal I have is to learn in depth history of photography. Lastly, I'd love to learn what makes a photo a good photo, what kind of lighting and angles you need. 

A Bucket of Fall             

 Fuel for class 

Break from Class 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the job (Week four)

Week Three Photos